Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Big Spill


Today was a messy day. I pretended to embrace the mess by taking a lot of photos of the messy areas in my home. But I wasn't seeing beauty, I was seeing my failures. Until this happened. Isn't this a beautiful mess? I didn't handle my domestic stress very well today. I was a crazy person. I wanted to tidy up, not sit glued to the couch in front of My Big, Big Friend with a toddler who decided not to nap and to cry all afternoon instead. I had laundry to fold, dishes to do, surfaces to clear. Then I remembered the scripture "Do all these things as unto the Lord" (Colossians 3:17 paraphrased) and decided that I would better serve by holding my distraught little toddler and giving her endless affection and soft cheek kisses. So that's what I did.

Enter this crayon mess. By the time this happened I was more ready to find the beauty in the mess. Aren't these colors gorgeous? Thanks, I think so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment